TMS Web Server does not start automatically

Ever since upgrading to Delphi 10.3.3 and Web Core 1.3, the TMS Web Server no longer automatically configures and starts when I Run a project. On my laptop (secondary computer), everything works just fine though. Both computer use Windows 10.

I am able to work around the problem as follows:
  1. Start Delphi.
  2. Manually run ....\TMSWebServer\bin\TmsWebServer.exe.
  3. In Delphi, Run the project.
If I switch to a different Web Core project, then I have to repeat steps 2 (run TMSWebServer.exe) before step 3 (Run the project).

When I make TMSWebCore.exe visible, it does not display any errors. It does display the projects that it had correctly configured in step 3.

On my desktop computer (where this problem exists), I have over recent months installed a Web Core trial, multiple Web Core 2.x versions, and multiple Web Core 3.x. On at least one occasion some time back I recall that I did not perform a clean uninstall before installing an update; I tried to go back and fix that.

It feels like it may be a remnant of an earlier installation that is causing problems. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Please verify under IDE : Tools, Options, TMS Web, Options the settings for Web Runner and Web Server.

For example, the settings here are:
D:\TMS\TMS WEB Core\TMSWebRunner\bin\TMSWebRunner.exe

and

D:\TMS\TMS Web Core\TMSWebServer\bin\TMSWebServerManager.exe

The TMSWebRunner.exe and TMSWebServerManager.exe should be in your TMS WEB Core install folder, so make sure the settings point to these correct executables.

I should have mentioned those settings in my original post ;)

The respective settings are:
$(TMSWebDir)\TMSWebRunner\bin\TMSWebRunner.exe
$(TMSWebDir)\TMSWebServer\bin\TMSWebServer.exe

I have also tried with the explicit folder names (C:\TmsSoftware\TMS WEB Core RSXE12....) and that makes no difference.

My colleague (the other person on our small team license) is now reporting the same problem after upgrading to Web Core 1.3. Strange.

Anything else I can try?

Note that your settings should point to TMSWebServerManager.exe, not TMSWebServer.exe. If that's not a typo, then it should be the cause of your problem.

Wagner R. Landgraf2019-12-19 17:46:22

Wagner, that was a typo when retyped the info. Silly mistake, sorry. I can confirm (this time copying and pasting) the following two values:
$(TMSWebDir)\TMSWebRunner\bin\TMSWebRunner.exe
$(TMSWebDir)\TMSWebServer\bin\TMSWebServerManager.exe

Two new pieces of information:

1) Clean re-installation
I have uninstalled Web Core, and manually removed remaining keys from the Registry. I then installed Web Core again. Same symptoms as before.

2) Replication of the problem
Both on my desktop computer and my colleagues computer, we can replicate the problem 100% of the time as follows:
  1. Open Delphi.
  2. Create a new Web Core project.
  3. Place a TWebButton.
  4. Save the project and Run.
  5. The TMS Web Server works!
And then:
  1. Close Delphi. 
  2. Open Delphi again.
  3. Open the project we just created above.
  4. Run the project.
  5. The TMS Web Server does not start up and the loading in the browser fails.
It's all a big mystery; it seems like the TMS Web Server does not get managed correctly. Something weird with Delphi 10.3.3 and our particular configuration?

PS: I will gladly give you remote access to my computer (via TeamViewer or similar) if you want to troubleshoot.

Bruno & Wagner,

I think I may have identified the source of the problem....

On the two computers that exhibit the problem, we have EurekaLog ver. 7.8.1 (latest stable for Delphi 10.3.3) installed. On the laptop where TMS Web Server works, Eurekalog is absent. I uninstalled EurekaLog from my main computer, and now TMS Web Server works there too. So this does seem to prove the problem. (Even though EurekaLog is not used by Web Core projects.)

Would you be able to verify and then work with the EurekaLog folks to correct the issue?

Thank you.

A couple of months ago, an issue in Eurekalog was identified in combination with TMS WEB Core. We had at that time contact with Eurekalog and they confirmed they addressed this issue.
It looks like this might be a regression in Eurekalog and I recommend to get in touch with Eurekalog.

Try putting an eof file e.g. xxx.eof where xxx is the name of your project and put the following in it. This works for me with Eurekalog 7.8.1

[Exception Log]

DoNotTouch=1

Thank you both for your responses.

Randall, your solution works for me. Thank you, you are a genius! A slight tweak seems to be necessary on my side though; I have to explicitly set EurekaLog to use the .eof file as an external configuration file. 

Now I can work again :)

I'm pleased you got it working.