Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

(DB)AdvRichEditor. RTF - BLOB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hruška Stanislav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hruška Stanislav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (DB)AdvRichEditor. RTF - BLOB
    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:37am
FireBird Database. BLOB field. RTF content. FastReport professional report generator.
Standard RichEditer component. Save and load text OK. FR is OK.
TMS component (DB)AdvRichEditor.

1) Text read - invalid stream format. Why?

2) Create new content using (DB)AdvRichEdit. Save or Load OK. FR report result is wrong

3) RichEdit standard component. Invalid stream format by load BLOB

I've already dealt with you in the past. You rolled it on the code page. This is nonsense!
I am unhappy about this and I cannot continue the project. I would not like to use standard components. Mainly, I would break the unified look of the app and the themes.
I am very satisfied with TMS itself and support. But what about it?
I'm alone in the world with this problem?
Hruška Stanislav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hruška Stanislav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:08am
I read the discussions and there I came across an answer to use TAdvRichEditor along with TDBAdvRichEditorRTFIO. In this combination, it's all right. Hooray.
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 4:24pm
TDBAdvRichEditor persists the data in binary format (RTE format) in a blob field, so a binary blob field is needed. This is by design.
If you do not wish to use a binary blob, you can use TAdvRichEditor and use TDBAdvbRichEditorRTFIO to persist to a text blob in RTF format.
 Post Reply Post Reply