Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

TAdvDateTimePicker AutoTab property

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Williamson Steven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Williamson Steven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAdvDateTimePicker AutoTab property
    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:37am
I have recently found the AutoTab property of the TAdvDateTimePicker component, which improves the flow of data entry when typing dates, however I've found it a little un-intuitive when typing part of a date that is already included.

For example, suppose the date displayed is 01/01/2019.
If the user types the date 04/12/2019, the AutoTab property correctly moves between the parts of the date as you type.
However, if the user types 01/12/2019, the first 01 is the same as the existing value, so the AutoTab doesn't seem to detect the data entry, and doesn't move to the next part of the date.

Is this the expected behaviour, or is there some setting I could change to move between parts of the date as data is entered, regardless if that part has changed or not?
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 12:14pm
It is currently a date change that triggers that an auto tab is performed or not.
We will need to investigate if there is an alternative.
Williamson Steven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Williamson Steven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 1:09am
Thanks, that is how I suspected it currently works.

I hope it is possible to support the 'change on typing' behaviour I described, in the future, as this component otherwise solves several issues with our current solution.
 Post Reply Post Reply