Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

TWebEdit specific keyboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mathieu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mathieu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TWebEdit specific keyboard
    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 12:10pm
Mathieu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mathieu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 12:14pm
Hello devs,

Is it possible to show a specific keyboard for a specific TWebEdit (for example a keyboard with just numbers and dot) ?

And a little detail, when I created the topic, I wrote the title, pressed enter key, and instead of going to the message part, it directly created the topic. It's not really intuitive !
Bart Holvoet View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 12:47pm
Hi,

You can use the TWebSpinEdit instead which will display a numeric keyboard on mobile browsers.
Mathieu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mathieu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 2:39pm
Hi, 

Thank you for your answer.

The user needs to enter float value, so TWebSpinEdit can't meet my expectations. Is there another possibility ?
Bart Holvoet View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 3:40pm
You can set the TWebEdit EditType to meFloat to only allow numeric characters but the default keyboard will then still be displayed.
However this is a good suggestion and we'll investigate if this feature can be added in a future version.
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 6:35pm
We further investigated. Can you try to set WebEdit.Pattern = '\d*' ?
Mathieu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mathieu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 10:56am
Hi,

Thank you for looking further. Unfortunately, this doesn't change anything.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 3:54pm
What exact pattern did you use on what exact operating system?
Mathieu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mathieu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 5:54pm
I tried EditType to meFloat, Pattern to \d*, on Chrome 78.0.3904.90 on Android build 8901.2.A.0096.20191001
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 8:38pm
Can you try to make a css class with setting TYPE="tel" and apply it to the edit control via ElementClassName in addition to the pattern '[0..9]*'
Mathieu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mathieu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:28pm
I didn't know how to do that, so I searched a bit. I think that TYPE="tel" is an HTML attribute ? If I'm right, I don't know how to modify HTML in CSS, and I think that it's not possible.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:47pm
Try
WebEdit.ElementHandle.setAttribute('TYPE','TEL');
Mathieu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mathieu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 3:08pm
Thank you very much, it's working fine now ! This function, setAttribute, is very helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply