TWebEdit specific keyboard

Hello devs,

Is it possible to show a specific keyboard for a specific TWebEdit (for example a keyboard with just numbers and dot) ?

And a little detail, when I created the topic, I wrote the title, pressed enter key, and instead of going to the message part, it directly created the topic. It's not really intuitive !

Hi,

You can use the TWebSpinEdit instead which will display a numeric keyboard on mobile browsers.

Hi, 

Thank you for your answer.

The user needs to enter float value, so TWebSpinEdit can't meet my expectations. Is there another possibility ?

You can set the TWebEdit EditType to meFloat to only allow numeric characters but the default keyboard will then still be displayed.
However this is a good suggestion and we'll investigate if this feature can be added in a future version.

We further investigated. Can you try to set WebEdit.Pattern = '\d*' ?

Hi,

Thank you for looking further. Unfortunately, this doesn't change anything.

What exact pattern did you use on what exact operating system?

I tried EditType to meFloat, Pattern to \d*, on Chrome 78.0.3904.90 on Android build 8901.2.A.0096.20191001

Can you try to make a css class with setting TYPE="tel" and apply it to the edit control via ElementClassName in addition to the pattern '[0..9]*'

I didn't know how to do that, so I searched a bit. I think that TYPE="tel" is an HTML attribute ? If I'm right, I don't know how to modify HTML in CSS, and I think that it's not possible.

Try

WebEdit.ElementHandle.setAttribute('TYPE','TEL');

Thank you very much, it's working fine now ! This function, setAttribute, is very helpful.