Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Adding Icon To Marker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Othman Ahmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Othman Ahmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Icon To Marker
    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 2:14am
Dear Guys,
  When i add marker and pass icon url it dose not appear on map on Android
Please Help
Bart Holvoet View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 11:20am
Hi,

Can you please make sure the TMSFMXWebGMaps component has access to the icon URL you assigned from the Android device?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Othman Ahmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 7:24am
Hello,
Execuse me What do you mean by TMSFMXWebGMaps component has access to the icon URL
How can I check that ?
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 8:36am
The icon URL is a reference to an image file. Please make sure this image file is accessible by the Android device.
Does the icon appear on the map if you run the application on Windows?
Are you using a local or a remote URL? A local URL is most likely not accessible by the Android device.

Edited by Bart Holvoet - 17 Oct 2019 at 9:31am

Post Options Post Options   Quote Othman Ahmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 9:25am
I am using the same url as your example
"http://www.tmssoftware.net/public/iwwebgmaps_pin.png"

And I can open and see the icon from chrome
Also it worked fine from windows application
It just not appear on android app
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:31pm
I have not been able to reproduce this issue.
Does the issue also happen with the OverView demo application included with TMS FMX WebGMaps?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Othman Ahmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 2:07pm
yes i also run the TMSFMXWebGMaps sample app on android and the icon dose not appear
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 8:32am
We are not aware of any issues with displaying an external image as an icon for TMSFMXWebGMaps on Android.
I'm not sure why this is not working for you.
Can you please provide the version of Delphi and Android you are using so I can further investigate this?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Othman Ahmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 9:11am
I am using Delphi Rio 10.3.2 and running android version 9

Post Options Post Options   Quote Othman Ahmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 9:13am
Could you please provide me an example running on android platform
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 2:48pm
I've retested the WebGMaps Overview Demo (as included with TMS FMX WebGMaps) on Android 9 and haven't noticed any issues with adding a Marker with an image icon.
Have you tried using a different device or a different internet connection?

Can you try to enable the debug console by setting ShowDebugConsole to True to check if any error messages are displayed?
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 2:49pm
Note that the WebGMaps Overview Demo is compatible with Android.
Simply add the Anroid platform and add the JavaScriptHelper.jar file to run the application.
 Post Reply Post Reply