TFormSize: Problem Saving Form Size

Hi Bruno,

I'm having problems saving a form's size using TFormSize. Note: I use the component to save the size but not the position. Here's a video that explains:

https://www.loom.com/share/5f859dbec62247b6bba4195cdf331d3d

And here's a link to the the test project:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4h1dbl2igw7tou/FormSize%20Bug.zip?dl=0

It worked wonderfully in the past. It's something to do with the latest changes in the VCL UI Pack. I'm using the latest (10.0.4.0).

Hope it can be fixed soon!

Thanks,

Steve

HI Bruno - are you able to replicate the problem?

Thanks,

Steve

I could run & see that when the Load*/Save* methods are not used, it doesn't persist the size.
I could not yet allocate sufficient time to investigate more deeply what is causing this and how to solve this. I'd suggest for now, as a workaround to call the Load*/Save* methods.

Hi Bruno,

Sorry, I mustn't have been clear. It's not saving the size when the Load / Save methods are called. Or if it is, the size is not correct. In this case, calling the Load / Save methods isn't a workaround.

Best regards,

Steve 

Hi Bruno,

Any news? Has this bug been fixed? As it stands, the component is unusable for saving a form's size and I'll need to remove the component from my project.

Thanks,

Steve

We have fixed an issue with TFormSize.

At the same time, when you adapt the TFormSize settings from the form's OnCreate event , this is too late for the TFormSize to automatically pickup the form settings. If you want it to pickup the form settings from the form's OnCreate event , you will need to call LoadFormSettings.
But if you do all TFormSize settings at design-time, it will work.
The next TMS VCL UI Pack release with contain this updated TFormSize.

Wonderful - thanks Bruno!

HI Bruno - do you have an ETA for the next release of the VCL UI Pack? If it's not imminent could you send me the fixed files for TFormSize?

Thanks,

Steve

The release will be at earliest after our TMS Training days (Nov 14,15,18)
If you need an incremental update faster, please contact us by email.

Thanks!

I have similar problem. Sometimes after starting program, form starts at top left position.
I hope, that update is coming soon.

We are working hard to have the next major release in the week of Nov 25.

If you prefer an urgent incremental source update, please contact us by email.
Bruno Fierens2019-11-17 08:45:44