Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Saving TAdvGmail Attachments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gilmour Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gilmour Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saving TAdvGmail Attachments
    Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 8:05am
Hi All,

How do I go about retrieving/handling attachments for emails that I have received using TAdvGmail.GetMails?

I can happily connect to a GMail account and retrieve messages but cannot see how save any attachments in those messages.

The documentation indicates AdvGMail.Mails[].FileName but this is always blank.
Where am I going wrong for this one?

Cheers

Bart Holvoet View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 2:28pm
Hi,

Unfortunately it's currently not supported to download attachments from messages.
However this is a good suggestion and we'll consider adding this feature in a future version.
Thibault MOUSSELON View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Thibault MOUSSELON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 1:20pm
Hello,
I just purchase the VCL Cloud Pack and tested the TAdvGMail component.

When do you plan to implement the possiblity to download attachments ?

Moreover, I have some difficulties to receive emails that are not 100% plaintext; is it normal?
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 1:32pm
Hi,

Downloading attachments is on the feature-request list, however there's currently no timeframe available for when this is going to be added.

We are not aware of any issues with retrieving plaintext emails. Can you please explain exactly what is going wrong?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Thibault MOUSSELON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 1:51pm
I have tested and configured the GMailDemo project.
I can see all my emails in the INBOX.
But when I select an email, if there is an attachment or richtext, the TWebBrowser does not load anything.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 4:27pm
This issue has now been fixed.
The update will be available with the next update of TMS VCL Cloud Pack.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Thibault MOUSSELON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 4:59pm
Woaw, nice reactivity!!

It would be really perfect if downloading attachments was on the next update too :)
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 3:55pm
The next release for TMS VCL Cloud Pack is planned for early next week.
Unfortunately downloading attachments with TAdvGMail has not yet been implemented in the new release. However, this is still on the feature request list for a future version.
 Post Reply Post Reply