Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Reading database updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sitthidumrong Worajedt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sitthidumrong Worajedt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reading database updates
    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:32am
Hi Wagner, Helge

I really need this update feature also. it is neccessary to have an update diagram, table in Data Modeler while we are develope our projects.

Also, upvote for 2306: Update from database schema already.
Helge Lange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helge Lange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 11:15pm
Done.. thank you very much
Wagner R. Landgraf View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wagner R. Landgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 10:51pm
Hi Helge,

Thanks for the suggestions. If it's ok for you, I'd kindly ask you to register your requests in the feature request system: https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmsdm.asp?s=fr#fr

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helge Lange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 4:49pm
oh.. another "nice thing to have" :

I know that i can just type into the procedure list box a name and it starts looking for it, but only from the first letter on. It would be very nice to have a combo (for previous searches) or edit at least where to type and the list below will be filtered, not just the cursor displaced. 
This also removes the problem if you make a small pause while typing and then the search instantly starts new

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helge Lange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 4:24pm
Hello TMS,

I'm trying to put the data modeler to good use to track my database changes between versions now. But of course the modeler does not have the database features like IbExpert or Sql Manager for Firebird. So my "normal" way to work with my database would be to make the changes in my database (i.e. new fields and adjusting a trigger and stored procs) and test them and when it's done they go into the data modeler. 

But I don't find any option to read the changes into an existing project, so everything has to be manual. Would it be useful to create a temp project the same way you read the initial database and then make the compare between the current model and the temp project... or something like that. I, of course, don't know your internal structures, but I guess many developers would find that useful. 

another thing is the syntax highlighting (at least for my firebird project), the comments starting with "-- " are shown as code, that's confusing :p

Thanks in advance for considering the idea :)

Helge
 Post Reply Post Reply