Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Installs not registering components

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clennett Stuart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clennett Stuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installs not registering components
    Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:27pm
Hi,

Attempted to install VCL Component Pack 9.0.4.   I have 10.1 Berlin and 10.3.1 Rio installed currently.

The installer ran okay, and there were no error messages.  (Apart from it detecting XE6 even though I uninstalled XE6 a while back - I guess there's files still hanging around - I de-selected the XE6 option, so I had just Berlin and Rio installing).

When loading Berlin it complained that several TMS___DXE10.BPL files did not load.

I had to find & open the packages for Berlin and manually build and install. 

All was well with Rio.

The same thing then happened with the TMS Advanced Chart components.  (I had some issues building the packages for that, but eventually figured it out).

Again, Rio was fine. 

Is there an install log file that I could send you or something?

Thanks
Stuart
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 8:12pm
The installer log file is generated in the Windows Documents folder.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clennett Stuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 8:46pm
Hi Bruno,

Files are here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qcrxp3vcolbg844/AADrVRhi6x55JVmz9OWHIyT4a?dl=0

Cheers
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 8:49pm
The error I see is:

"C:\Users\stuart\Documents\tmssoftware\TMS Component Pack\TMSDXE10.dproj" (Build target) (1) ->
(_PasCoreCompile target) -> 
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets : warning MSB6002: The command-line for the "DCC" task is too long. Command-lines longer than 32000 characters are likely to fail. Try reducing the length of the command-line by breaking down the call to "DCC" into multiple calls with fewer parameters per call.

This means most likely your library path is too long. Try to remove unused paths from your library path in Delphi Berlin & retry to install.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clennett Stuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 10:15am
Thanks Bruno.  I'll do that. 
 Post Reply Post Reply