Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

storage....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
E HECTOR E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote E HECTOR E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: storage....
    Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:18pm
1. uilsecuritymanager.permissionbindary.storage: How do I use this?
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 9:20am
This defines whether the permission settings are persisted in a table or in the form DFM file.

Post Options Post Options   Quote E HECTOR E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 6:39am
If you read my question you can see I did not ask what does it do?
My question is : how do I use it?
when I change the value to Table, my app says there is an error because an sql is needed...
When I set to form, remote computers do not change the behavior...
Can you really help me not giving  funny answers?
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:09am
When you set PermissionBindary.Storage = psTable, then you need to make sure you have a dataset connected to the uilSecurityManager that has a table that can store the permissions. That means a table with fields : Action (number), FormName (text), Items (text), Permission (text). The table needs to be connected to the uilSecurityManager via uilSecurityManager.PermissionBindary.DataSource.
The included ADO demo uses this tecnique.
When you set PermissionBindary.Storage = psForm, the permission information is included in the DFM file. When you need to update the permissions, this will mean you will need to distribute an application update as these permissions are embedded in the EXE.

Post Options Post Options   Quote E HECTOR E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:59pm
I have a Firedac Query dataset connected... I have the same error!!!!
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 8:07pm
Define "the same error", you did not mention any error message before!
 Post Reply Post Reply