Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Library Paths

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Craggs David View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Craggs David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Library Paths
    Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 11:04am
HI,

I am having issues with the size of library paths. Having all access means I have a lot of components installed. This is making the path size too large.

Would you consider moving to using environment variables?
so instead if using 

C:\Users\XXX\Documents\tmssoftware\TMS Diagram Studio\packages\dtokyo\Win32\Release

This would change to

$(TMS)\TMS Diagram Studio\packages\dtokyo\Win32\Release

$(TMS) is an environment variable pointing to C:\Users\XXX\Documents\tmssoftware

I have done this manually, but would rather not have to redo this after every install/update.

Regards

Dave Craggs
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:41pm
The problem here is that we have many products and for each product we leave the freedom to the user to install it where the user wants.
This means that using $(TMS) for a specific folder is not necessarily a unique folder name for every TMS product. This complicates as such a proposal like this unfortunately.
 Post Reply Post Reply