Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Cannot Install Lazarus Cloud Pack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Black Kevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot Install Lazarus Cloud Pack
    Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 4:41am
I'm trying to install the Lazarus Cloud pack and keep getting errors when the IDE is being rebuild:

procedure Register;
begin
  RegisterUnit('synaip', @synaip.Register);
  RegisterUnit('LCLTMSCloudGTasksReg', @LCLTMSCloudGTasksReg.Register);
  RegisterUnit('LCLTMSCloudBarcodeReg', @LCLTMSCloudBarcodeReg.Register);
  RegisterUnit('LCLTMSCloudConvertReg', @LCLTMSCloudConvertReg.Register);
  RegisterUnit('LCLTMSCloudDropBoxReg', @LCLTMSCloudDropBoxReg.Register);
  RegisterUnit('LCLTMSCloudGDriveReg', @LCLTMSCloudGDriveReg.Register);
  RegisterUnit('LCLTMSCloudWinLiveReg', @LCLTMSCloudWinLiveReg.Register);
  RegisterUnit('LCLTMSCloudBoxNetReg', @LCLTMSCloudBoxNetReg.Register);

And the error (even if I remove the first line, it's any line with a XXXXX.Register):

Compile package LCLTMSCloudLazarusPkg 1.0: Exit code 256, Errors: 1
LCLTMSCloudLazarusPkg.pas(58,34) Error: Identifier not found "Register"

1. I open package: LTMSCloudLazarusPkg.lpk
  2. Use>Install
  3. I get the error
  4. If I look at Install/Uninstall Packages the package is there on the left with a green '+'
  5. Clearly it's not installed
  6. I can then Uninstall and Rebuild the IDE
  7. The LTMSCloudLazarusPkg package is in the Install/Uninstall Packages righthand window
  8. I then opt to Install and rebuild the IDE
  9. The installation blows up at the same Procedure Register point
What am I doing wrong and what's the correct procedure to install the Lazarus Cloud Pack?

Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:29am
Did the unit synaip.pas get flagged by accident as "Register unit" in LCLTMSCloudLazarusPkg.lpk?
I verified in our distribution and it is not flagged here. If it is marked as Register unit, please unflag. 

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:43am
Hi Bruno,

Originally posted by Bruno Fierens

Did the unit synaip.pas get flagged by accident as "Register unit" in LCLTMSCloudLazarusPkg.lpk?
I verified in our distribution and it is not flagged here. If it is marked as Register unit, please unflag. 

I have no idea how that happened, but as I said, if I removed that line (and I had already tried that), compilation baulked at the next line. The build process is objecting to ANY line that is of the form:

RegisterUnit(xxxxxxx, @xxxx,.Register);

See attached image, is there some other unit/package that needs to be available/installed? Same question: how do I install the Lazarus Cloud Pack?:
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 2:17pm
It is unclear what is causing this.
This concerns a Lazarus generated file for the package, we have not written this code.
It looks like your Lazarus version considers this LPK as corrupt.
Maybe you can create a new package LPK file from your Lazarus IDE, add the units listed in the LPK we provide and check if you can get this new package compiled.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:11am
Bruno,

OK, thanks for that. I missed the comment about it being generated by Lazarus and not to edit it. I've posted on a Lazarus forum.

Thanks for getting back.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:51am
Hi Bruno,

I am making no progress installing the LCL Cloud pack on lazarus. It continually objects at the line in RegisterUnit UNIT (even if the unit ti be registered is one of yours), ie. from LCL Cloud pack. I understand this is a unit generated by lazarus, but you obviously install the LCL cloud pack so that unit MUST build correctly for you?

My setup is as follows:
  1. parallels VM High Sierra 10.13.6
  2. Xcode 9.4.1
  3. Lazarus 2.0.0RC3
  4. FPC 3.0.4
In addition I have the lazarus set under Project>Options>Compiler Options>Config and Target>:
  1. Target Platform>Target OS: Darwin
  2. Target Platform>Target CPU: x86_64
  3. Current LCL Widget Set: cocoa
And in Tools>Options>File>
  1. Compiler Executable>/usr/local/bin/ppcx64
  2. FPC Source Directory>/usr/local/share/fpcsrc/
I believe these settings are correct according to all of the literature I have read and advice I have been given.

Since I am having no joy getting past the error with the xxxxx.Register I need to try something else. The install instructions are at best vague. 

So what need from TMS/you please s the exact setting of your system when you install the LCL cloud pack?

Obviously you are installing the package, and I'm not so there must be differences, can you please advise, not only the settings, but a step by step guide on how you install the LCL cloud pack on your system(s). 

As you might imagine, it's a blocker at the moment if I cannot do the simplest of things like install the LCL Cloud package?

Thanks
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:30pm
There is not much more to it normally than open the .LPK file and have it compiled and rebuild the IDE with it.
We'll need to consult with someone from the Lazarus team.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 11:10pm
Hi Bruno, Last night I did a complete reinstall of everything including FPC Source, FPC and lazarus. In the packages in 2.0.0RC3 I did an install of the LCL Cloud Pack (maybe rather thanh the option to build/compile although I thought that's what I did last time). It's not obvious exactly what to do. As before, the LCL Cloud Pack was marked for installation at next IDE rebuild or start of Lazarus (IIRC).

Long story short that actually worked. I have no idea what was happening before. Obviously something in that install failed because it was objecting to it's own file that had the pkg.Register method where it said the function did not recognise that as a parameter.

Anyway, go figure. I just give up with a lot of this stuff...

Thanks for getting back
Kevin

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:39pm
So my last question, well for now anyway:

The LCL Cloud pack is VERY old. There has been much progress in the LCL world especially with Cocoa. Am I seeing the latest version as 29 February 2016?

Is there nothing newer than that?

Kevin
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 10:05am
LCL Cloud Pack is mainly a non-UI library, so, LCL / Cocoa changes should not have impact.
We are in the process of a full revision of cloud service access also for Lazarus.
Once the first results are there, we will inform about it.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 1:50am
@Bruno,

LCL Cloud Pack is mainly a non-UI library, so, LCL / Cocoa changes should not have impact.

Not sure I'd entirely agree with that. For example (and even though it is supposed to be in the current version of LCL Cloud Pack, there is no external browser option that I can see). I can only assume there is an issue with the code. Here is the documentation from your manual (Note: I'm using the latest version on your website - Dec 2016 IIRC):
TTMSLCLCloudDropBox has a few extra settings to take control of specific behavior of the DropBox service. The public property ExternalBrowser: Boolean is added. When setting this to true, the authentication/authorization step can be done via the default browser. 

And here are the options that have 'EX' in any property, you will note there is no ExternalBrowser property (FWIW the TMSRestClient is a TTMSLCLCloudDropbox object):

We are in the process of a full revision of cloud service access also for Lazarus.
Once the first results are there, we will inform about it. 

Do you have a timeframe, ie. are we looking at a few weeks, months, years?

Kevin
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:45am
The ExternalBrowser capability was not ported to the LCL cloud pack.
We will communicate shortly about the full revision of could service access approach.
A beta is a matter of weeks. (March/April timeframe)

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 3:47am
@Bruno,

Originally posted by Bruno Fierens

The ExternalBrowser capability was not ported to the LCL cloud pack.
We will communicate shortly about the full revision of could service access approach.
A beta is a matter of weeks. (March/April timeframe)
Excellent, I'd be more than happy to give the Beta a run.

Kevin

TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 8:43am
Thanks for your willingness to look at the beta.  
We will inform by email when the beta is ready.
 Post Reply Post Reply