Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Result of Adding Appointment to Google Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bogdan Miechowicz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bogdan Miechowicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Result of Adding Appointment to Google Calendar
    Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 8:44am
I add an appointment to Google Calendar according to example, which is distributed with CloudPack:

procedure AddEvent;
var 
  li: TGCalendarItem;
begin
    li := AdvGCalendar1.Items.Add;
    AdvGCalendar1.Add(li);
end;

But I do not know, how can I check the result. Where can I check if the event was added and what was the error code/number, if the insert failed?

Bart Holvoet View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 12:25pm
Hi,

If the event was added correctly the TGCalendarItem's ID property will be assigned.

If the insert failed you can review the log file to see if any errors have occurred.
Logging can be enabled by setting Logging to true and LogLevel to llDetail.
The LOG file is generated automatically in your machine's Documents folder.
Bogdan Miechowicz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bogdan Miechowicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 1:17pm
Thank you for quick reply. But I need a result of adding/update/delete operation (error number or error text) without analyzing log file after every insert. The result can be returned as an exception, as additional parameter or for example as LastErrorMessage member of TAdvGCalendar class. Could you repair/improve the component behaviour? 
Bart Holvoet View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 1:31pm
Thank you for y our suggestion.
We'll investigate on improving error handling in a future version of TMS VCL Cloud Pack.
 Post Reply Post Reply