How to change the destination folder.

Is it possible to change the location where TMSSubscriptionManager save the downloads and installers?

I would like the files to be written to the "D:\Downloads\TMSSoftware" folder.

At this moment, there is no built-in support for this. Changing this folder after TMS Subscription Manager already downloaded files, would cause loss of old version restore for example, so that was one of the reasons to have this folder fixed.

It is because of the previous versions that I would like to move this folder.

My C: driver is a high performance SSD whereas D: is an HD where I keep files that are not accessed frequently as the installation programs.

I will create a request to change the location of recording these files.

Thank you

You can move your users folder to another drive in Windows.

https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-change-the-location-of-user-folders-in-windows-10/
Has anything been updated on this? I have a similar need to store all downloads on a server folder so it's included in the daily backups.  I understand the ramifications of changing that path after the first downloads but perhaps it's possible to input a path on first use?
Thanks, Mark

At this moment, we have not received similar feature requests.
We are afraid this will create more confusion and lead to problems for users than it will help.

Bruno,

Thanks for you reply.  It's too bad this is not possible as it leaves me two options:

1. Download individual installers to a folder of my choice. Difficult to keep track of versions and negates the efficiency of the subscription manager

2. Use the Subscription Manager and (manually) sync the download folder to the network folder.  Kind of awkward...

Perhaps you are willing to implement an "undocument" option (e.g. change a registry value)?
If not, then I'll probably revert to option 2....

Thanks for your consideration.  Regards,
Mark

We will consider this when starting a new development cycle for a new version of the TMS Subscription Manager.

Hello,

I would like to add my voice to the request for a user-defined folder for downloads.
I hate it that stuff is being hidden in the User, All Users, ProgramData, etc... folders.

Very best regards,

Olivier