Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Popups sensitive to browser window resize

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mitchell Hilary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mitchell Hilary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Popups sensitive to browser window resize
    Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 10:40am
I just wanted to ask whether it's intended behavior that the popup disappears when user resizes the window or click in the URL address bar of the browser.
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 12:08pm
Where do you see this? 
In the multiform demo with showing a popup form, I cannot reproduce such behavior.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mitchell Hilary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 12:15pm
I see. It seems to be doing so only in Microsoft Edge. Both, Webkit and IE 11 seems to be unaffected.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 12:21pm
I have retested this in Edge on Windows 10 here, but I also could not see the popup close here when resizing the form.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mitchell Hilary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 12:32pm
I see, it is more involved.
Try following with the Multiform demo:
- Load it fresh in the browser
- Show DON'T check the "Show for as popup" checkbox and display the window normally.
- Check the "Show form as popup" checkbox and display as popup.
- Try to resize the window or click in the URL, the popup should unexpectedly close.

The requirement is that you've at least once displayed the window NOT as a popup. Also, I retested and it really seems to be doing only in Edge.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 6:52pm
I could reproduce this now with Edge. That is a very weird behavior of Edge. We'll investigate.
 Post Reply Post Reply