Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

API Level 26

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
CABALIDA ERIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CABALIDA ERIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: API Level 26
    Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 2:53am
One of the requirement this coming August 2018 for google play is API Level 26 target SDK. So I tried to change the XML Manifest file from this:

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="%minSdkVersion%" android:targetSdkVersion="%targetSdkVersion%" />

to this

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="%minSdkVersion%" android:targetSdkVersion="26" />

When building and running it on an Android Nougat Device, the TMS FMX WebGMaps component hangs when trying to zoom, pan, etc. While streetview is active or change the map options to satellite.

Any suggestions. I am using TMS FMX WebGMaps 2.9.7.0 (Tuesday, June 26, 2018).
Pieter Scheldeman View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pieter Scheldeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:52am
Hi,

We are still waiting for official news from Embarcadero. It's unclear what the plans are, but this is something that Embarcadero needs to address before we can officially support it.
Morango Jose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Morango Jose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 10:27am
Hi,
I Have Delphi 10.3 Rio comunity Installed and the problems reported with WebGmaps still persists, no pan or zoom, etc.... I'm using version 2.9.0.0, I installed the 3.0 but in the IDE I have the indication that is the 2.9.0.0

I was waiting for the Rio 10.3 to submit my app and it seems that I'm still Stuck.... :(

Bart Holvoet View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 1:30pm
Unfortunately this is still a limitation of the Delphi framework  which we have no control over.
Gonet Marcin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gonet Marcin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:42pm
Hi, are new information available now?
Christian Turrisi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Christian Turrisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:11pm
Same problem here !!! Any News?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Morango Jose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 12:12pm
Any news?
I really need this to by fixed

Bart Holvoet View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 12:24pm
Embarcadero did breaking changes in the FireMonkey framework with respect to the webbrowser control (used in WebGMaps) in Delphi 10.3 Rio.
These breaking changes are non-trivial to try to workaround as this Google Maps integration in a web browser is technically challenging. We spent a significant amount of time to integrate this with previous webbrowser versions in the FireMonkey framework and now find out to our surprise that Embarcadero broke this code.
We are investigating a solution / workaround

Post Options Post Options   Quote Morango Jose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 1:33pm
ok Bart, 
thanks for the quick answer, 
I hope you can find a workaround.
Du Preez Michael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Du Preez Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 8:13pm
Hi. Does TMSFMXWebGmaps 2.9.9.0 support Delphi Android in Rad Studio Rio 10.3 to the android SDK 25.2.5 32bit APi level 26 target platform. IT seems to install correctly, however, all it does is display a map which appears to freeze up when dragged or zoomed. It does not add markers or polygons either. I assume the coding standards have not changed as my code works perfectly in Tokyo 10.2.3. I purchased this package due to the fact that you indicated on your webpage that it will support andriod on Rio 10.3. Additionally, on the webpage, the latest version of this package is indicated to be 3.0.0.0, however, when I installed the latest release from the 26th Nov 2018, it is indicated to be version 2.9.9.0 within Rad studio 10.3 Delphi. Am I missing something and installing the wrong version of the TMSFMXWebGmaps software?
Bugim Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bugim Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:42pm
Any news on that issue?! We are stuck on our deployment because of that.... :-(
Pieter Scheldeman View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pieter Scheldeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 1:43pm
Hi,

We'll further investigate this here with the highest priority!
Bugim Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bugim Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:14pm
Thanks a lot Pieter! 
We hope you get some resolution as soon as you can.... We are almost migrating to TMapView.... But it'll be realy bad for us.
van Hes Emile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote van Hes Emile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:41am
Same problem here, is there any progression?  We do need to deploy it to the webstore but put it on hold because of this issue. We consider migration to TMapview. And yes, that is really bad.
Christian Turrisi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Christian Turrisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:08am
Hello TMS, after more than 1 month waiting for a solution i have migrate my app to TMapView and i it works flawless now! Thank you for the Extra Work, i wish I had spent the money on a dinner with my family instead of purchasing WebGmaps!
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 10:23am
The problem here is that newer versions of the Android SDK expect that for JavaScript callbacks which are used in WebGMaps, method annotations are used. We are in communication with Embarcadero and Marco Cantu confirmed that there is at this moment in Delphi not a way to provide these method annotations Android expects. It is at this moment a Delphi language shortcoming. We have no clear information, no confirmation that Embarcadero will add support for Android method annotations.  We are investigating workarounds that are far from trivial, both from the perspective of developing as well as the perspective of deploying the application with such workarounds. We had actually preferred to bring a solution based on Delphi code with no extra deployment complexities. The TMapView uses an entirely different approach by using the operating system mapview and not the Google Maps JavaScript API. We use in WebGMaps a lot of Google Maps JavaScript API functions, so with using mapview, all functionality we have in WebGMaps cannot be ported. It also breaks the cross-platform character of the code we have now. I wished I could bring better news, but there are external circumstances involved here we also wished we didn't encounter.

Edited by Bruno Fierens - 17 Jan 2019 at 10:23am

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gonet Marcin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:35pm
This is very bad information for us :(
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:38pm
We will bring better news soon.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gonet Marcin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:47pm
And the question is:
Why do you offer all the time
TMS FMX WebGMaps and TMS FMX WebOSMaps
as products compatible with Delphi Rio?
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:52pm
This is an Android specific problem.
The component works perfectly fine and is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS under Delphi 10.3 Rio. We strive to make it also work for Android under Delphi 10.3 Rio.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gonet Marcin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 5:01pm
So in my opinion you should mark the problem for the Android version.
In my case it was a huge bad surprise (:
Now I hope that everything will start working properly in February.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 6:32pm
Yes, please let us focus on the solution, it is complex enough.
Pereira Eduardo Messias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pereira Eduardo Messias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 1:30pm
I have the same problem, I bought the component, because the site offers the solution for Android, and I can not use it, I had to change my entire solution to TMapView, I spent many hours and did not get the expected result, I wrote several times and the answer is always the same. I understand that it is a change, but it is a product that you sell and offer, In Brazil $ 95.00 Euros is a significant value for something that does not give the expected result. I have 2 projects stopped because of this problem. I wonder if there is a solution and when this solution will be available, otherwise you are selling a product that does not work.
If it is not available for Android, it should be very clear on your website.
I have interest in other components, because I believe they offer good solutions, but I am afraid of this type of problem and technical support.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:41pm
Does your post help the situation?
Did you complain to Google for changing their APIs?
Did you complain to Embarcadero for not providing a Pascal language feature to map something to Java method attributes?

I answered already on Jan 17 that we will bring better news. That is the final answer on this thread.

Edited by Bruno Fierens - 20 Jan 2019 at 8:41pm
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 8:48pm
We have released v3.0.0.1 with a workaround for the problem with Android on Delphi 10.3 Rio.
Please read the notes when using this update v3.0.0.1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>