TTIWAdvWebGrid error

I have an error on 2 TTIWAdvWebGrid's that read

Error: Error reading Grid.Indicators.Browse.Data: The parameter is incorrect.

Error: Error reading Grid.Indicators.Edit.Data: System Error Code: 87.The parameter is incorrect.

I dint know what this error is about. 

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi,

The error you reported indicates that the images assigned to these properties are not accessible.
This is most likely a configuration issue on the server you are running the application on. 

Can you please try to remove the images that are assigned to these properties by default?

Example:
  TIWAdvWebGrid1.Indicators.Browse := nil;

Thank You! I really appreciate he help.

I will try that but I am not assigning any images to these these grids. They are populated with text and numeric data..

Please note that the images are included in the TIWAdvWebGrid as a resource and automatically assigned to the grid when it's placed on the form.

Thanks this solved my problem

This error has resurfaced. I do have a proc that sets all grid indicators at IWformcreate to nil.

TIWAdvWebGrid1.Indicators.Browse := nil;

is there another way I could handle this error?

This behavior has been improved in recent updates for TMS IntraWeb Component Pack.

Can you please make sure you are using the latest version?

Where can I find the update version # the installed version in the Delphi IDE says 1.0.0.0

COMPONENT: TMS IntraWeb Component Pack Pro

VERSION: v5.8.9.0 (August 1, 2018)

this error occured today in a TTIWDBADVWebGrid also.
Can you verify if it makes a difference when you set in the IWServerController  ComInitialization to ciNormal?

Note that improvements to loading bitmap resources were made in v5.9.0.0, it's recommended to upgrade to the latest version.

Upgraded to latest version.

it did a difference when you set in the IWServerController  ComInitialization to ciMultithreaded
Same Error occured in a different TTIWDBADVWebGrid today.

Upgraded to latest version.

it *did not make a difference when you set in the IWServerController  ComInitialization to ciMultithreaded
Same Error occured in a different TTIWDBADVWebGrid today.

In my form grid property found this property Indicators.Browse and there was an image of an arrow there so went to every TTIWAdvWebGrid and TTIWDBADVWebGrid and cleared out teh image of the arrow from the browse property. Left the edit and insert Bitmap images alone. 

Will publish the modified dll and let you know if this helped any as I was already setting Indicators.Browse := nil as suggested.

Thanks

I am now receiving an error that reads

"Error Reading Grid.Nodes.NodeClosed.Data: Could not load image. Invalid Format."

After physically clearing the properties for nodes [ Error Reading Grid.Nodes.NodeClosed.Data: Could not load image. Invalid Format." ] I am now getting Grid.glyphs.editbtn.data  The parameter is incorrect. as before with the grid indicators.

I do not know how many more properties will error out because even after setting the code to nil for these I have to clear out the physical property of each and every grid. 

Cannot physically clear the property Grid.glyphs.editbutton. so Set those to nil by code. 

Also set the  Grid.glyphs.cancelbutton and  Grid.glyphs.PostButton to nil.

Hi,

We are investigating these issues and will report back as soon as possible.

I'm not sure why the error has resurfaced in your application.

Software upgrades (including IntraWeb updates) could be the cause of this issue.
Have any changes been made to the server or application configuration recently?

Which version of IntraWeb are you currently using?

Intraweb version 15.0.14