Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

System Error

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ake Pettersson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ake Pettersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: System Error
    Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 3:21pm
Hi,
I just updated to Web Core 0.9.8.0 and now when I try to run any of the demo's I get "System Error.Code 740"  telling me that it need a privilege rise, version 0.9.7.0 was working fine, no other changes was made.
Regards Ake.
Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 3:38pm
Do you see TMSWebServerManager.exe running in the taskbar?
Does it help / change when you start the IDE as admin?
Feichtenschlager Thomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Feichtenschlager Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 5:12pm
Just tried a few of the samples with Web Core 0.9.8.0 on Tokyo. No issues here up to now...

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ake Pettersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 8:46pm
As far as I can it is not, and when I try to start it, it start and immediately closing.
And I uninstall web core manually before install the new one, restarted the computer.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:02am
Do you see TMSWebServerManager.exe running in the taskbar?
Does it help / change when you start the IDE as admin?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ake Pettersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 7:46am
When I run the IDE as admin it works. 
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 4:19pm
Did you install into any specific folder that might require admin privs to access files in this folder?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ake Pettersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 4:23pm
No.  It is the standard web core demo folders, all demos. 
Kovacevic Zeljko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kovacevic Zeljko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 5:40pm
I have a similar problem. I must start TMS Web server as Administrator and IDE as Administrator. But, even after that I get a blank page on any project I start running.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 8:44pm
Do you see the project files being generated in subfolder TMSWeb\Debug ?
Do you see the TMS Web Server running in the Windows taskbar? If so, can you open it and see the logs what is happening?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kovacevic Zeljko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 7:34am
Project files are generated, but it seams the path is wrong:

Web page is not shown.

But, if I search for the file manually then it's OK:
file:///C:/Users/Zeljko/Documents/Embarcadero/Studio/Projects/TMSWeb/Debug/Project1.html

This will work OK.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 8:29am
1) When you save the project in a different folder, is it working?
2) Can you confirm you see the browser being launched and if so, when you see a blank page in the browser, did you check the console to see if there were any JavaScript errors?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kovacevic Zeljko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 9:12am
1) No, it is not working. The problem exists even in demo projects. For example, when running from IDE it starts the following link:
http://localhost:8000/TMSWeb_Multiform/index.html/

Console reports:
Loading failed for the <script> with source “http://localhost:8000/TMSWeb_Multiform/index.html/TMSWeb_Multiform.js”. index.html:7
ReferenceError: rtl is not defined

But, if I manually correct the link to:
http://localhost:8000/TMSWeb_Multiform/

Then it works.

2) Yes, the browser starts but it only shows blank white page regardless of the content in the Form1.
Roman Kassebaum View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roman Kassebaum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 1:49pm
Could you please show me the content of the file

TMS WEB Core\Demo\Basics\Multiform\Win32\Debug\TMSWebRunner.ini

?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kovacevic Zeljko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 3:39pm
[Paths]
HtmlPath=C:\Users\Public\Documents\tmssoftware\TMS WEB Core Demos\Basics\Multiform\.\TMSWeb\Debug
HtmlFile=index.html
DefaultURL=http://localhost:8000/TMSWeb_Multiform
SingleInstance=0
DebugManager=
URL=http://localhost:8000/$(ProjectName)
Browser=1

TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roman Kassebaum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 5:38pm
The problem seems to be the trailing slash after index.html although I couldn't reproduce the issue with your config file.That's why I would like to ask: Does the browser show as the URL

or

http://localhost:8000/TMSWeb_Multiform/index.html

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kovacevic Zeljko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 5:50pm
Web browser (Firefox) shows:

Even if I delete trailing slash it is automatically added when I press enter to open the web page.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ake Pettersson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 5:57pm
Look at  https://support.mozilla.org/sv/questions/1181542 to see if it helps

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kovacevic Zeljko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 6:03pm
I only have Adblock Plus addon, and disabling it didn't help.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roman Kassebaum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 9:34pm
What happens if you are using the IE (Project/Options/Browser change from Default to Internet Explorer)?

Could you also please have a look at Tools/Options/TMS Web/Web Server Params? Does it look like
-s $(DefaultURL) $(OutputDir) ?

And are the params under Project/Options/Web Server Params empty?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kovacevic Zeljko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 10:55pm
When using IE (and Chrome) as default browser it works fine. Application is running as expected (there is no trailing slash in the URL).

I also noticed one more thing, not sure if it is related.. If the URL is
http://localhost:8000/Project1/Project1.html

This works OK in IE and Chrome, but not in Firefox. If I change URL to a local file
file:///C:/Users/Zeljko/Desktop/x/TMSWeb/Debug/Project1.html

This does not work in IE and Chrome, but works in Firefox..
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roman Kassebaum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 11:43pm
Firefox allows to show the Web Core apps without webserver, the other browsers don't. That's why we added the whole web server stuff.

On my machine Firefox works perfectly and doesn't add the trailing slash. At this point I think that you have a problem with Firefox.

Could you reinstall Firefox? Or is too difficult to get back to all personal settings?
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roman Kassebaum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 11:48pm
If you want to use Firefox without web server you can remove the web server under tools/options. Then Firefox should show a local file. With the other browsers this will not work.

I have another question: If you enable the single instance mode under project/options and run a Web Core demo in Firefox with a local file, does the TMS Debug Manager start without starting the IDE as admin?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kovacevic Zeljko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 7:54am
Reinstalling Firefox did it! I don't know what Firefox settings caused this problem, but now there is no more trailing slash and everything works OK! Thank you!

I don't know how to enable single instance mode. What options exactly do I need to change?
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 8:34am
See the "single tab in browser" setting under Project Options, explained on page 18-19 of the doc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>