Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Dropdown separator line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
McKay Jeffrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote McKay Jeffrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dropdown separator line
    Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 7:14pm
I would like to create a drop-down combo box where various groups of items are divided by a separator line, exactly like as can be done in a standard menu control.  Is that possible with any TMS controls?  I've looked at AdvHTMLComboBox (adding a <hr> tag to a caption) but I don't like the fact that the html formatting shows up in the box when selected.  I didn't see any obvious way to do this using AdvSmoothComboBox either.

Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 12:23pm
You could use a TAdvControlDropDown and as dropdown control select a TSectionListBox.
McKay Jeffrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote McKay Jeffrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 12:08am
I've been experimenting with this idea and I've noticed something unexpected.  The arrow keys are generating the OnClick event.  Is that what it is supposed to do?  I was trying to make it so that the dropdown would be hidden after a single click on an item, but this behavior interferes with using the arrow keys to move up/down in the list.

Bruno Fierens View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bruno Fierens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 5:49am
This is by design. You’ll notice exactly the same behavior in a regular VCL TListBox.
 Post Reply Post Reply