won't run on iOS (TableView)

Hi,

For a test I made a simple C++ Builder Firemonkey app and put a TMSFNCTableView control on it and ran it.  It runs fine under Win32 and shows the default item list (Mercedes, Audi etc.).

When i try to run it targeting iOS 64-bit it bombs out.  I get the following errors:

[ld Error]   Error: "__ZTVN3Fmx15Tmsfnctableview16TTMSFNCTableViewE", referenced from:      __ZTX6TForm1 in Unit1.o;
[ld Error] ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64

What am i missing?

I'm using Rio 10.3 (C++Builder 10.3 Version 26.0.32429.4364) and have no problem with running other apps on iOS that don't use TMS controls.

thank you!
russ

Hi,

Did you save the project inside a separate folder? The issue you are seeying is related to linking issues. Please clean and rebuild your project and make sure there are not older Unit1.o files in the iOSDevice64 output directory.

Hi Pieter - yes, the entire project is saved in it's own folder.  I have this same problem even if i make a brand new test case from scratch in a new folder. Here is short video showing what i did: http://relayman.org/temp/ios64_error.wmv

During compile i get 2 popups that may be clue.  First one says "Unable to find static library: libFMXTMSFNCUIPackPkgDXE12.a" and second one "libFMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE12.a".

thank you,
russ

Also, i can do the same is Delphi and it runs fine on iOS64!  Problem seems to be relegated to C++ Builder.

Can you turn off runtime packages?

Additionally, when prompted for these files, please browse for inside the installation directory for these files and add them to the library path.

Browsing to the library path (and adding it) solved the problem.  The path i needed was C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\DCP\iOSDevice64\Release

Thank you Pieter!

Great!