TMS FMX UI Pack / TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView problem

The TMS FMX UI Pack / TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView does not show the folders / files in ABC order under Linux OS.

I am using the TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView from the TMS FMX UI Pack v3.6.3.0 under RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo and FMXLinux v1.10.

</div>

Hi, 

We'll look into this as soon as possible.

Hi, 

We have further investigated this here and the sortorder property is based on the type of node that is added (folder/file) Not on the name itself. The directory treeview is using FindFirst..FindNext statements that return folders/files in a specific order based on the system. Windows might return them in alphabetic order while Linux system returns them in a non-alphabetic order. It really depends on the settings of the machine itself.

Hello,

I did find the LC_COLLATE parameter on the Net, but in this case it does not work.
I note the TOpenDialogBox shows the folders/files in alphabetic order without using any tricks.

I did not find a solution on the Net for this case.

Can anyone solve this problem?

Hi, 

Currently this on our todolist but due to the high workload, we still have to allocate time to investigate a workaround. 

Thank you for your information and work on it.

Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

We are waiting for the solution 8 months ago.

Hi, 

It's unclear exactly how the TOpenDialog functions under Linux for sorting purposes. We still need to allocate time for further investigation. The previous months have been very time consuming as we are working on the TMS WEB Core. Please note that this issue might possibly be a shortcoming of the FMXLinux framework, have you already been in touch with the creators of FMXLinux for a possible solution?
The TOpenDialog works fine as I wrote above:
(I note the TOpenDialogBox shows the folders/files in alphabetic order without using any tricks.)

I have a problem with the TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView component under Linux.

I reported it to Eugene Kryukov already
https://bitbucket.org/crossvcl/fmxlinux/issues/119/the-tms-fmx-ui-pack

The answer was the following:
Please email to TMS support.

We are waiting for the solution 10 months ago.

All our resources are currently allocated on the TMS WEB Core project.
Until its release, this has absolute priority.

The TMS FMX UI Pack / TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView does not show the folders / files in ABC order on macOS also.

I am using the TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView from the TMS FMX UI Pack v3.6.7.9 under RAD Studio 10.2.3 Tokyo.

The TMS WEB Core has been released about a month ago.

Any news on the TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView sort problem on the macOS and Linux64?

Hi,

Unfortunately there is little interest in FMXLinux and therefore we do not actively support it. The latest FMXLinux has been downloaded and tested and breaks the TMS FMX UI Pack at compile time, so unfortunately there will be no Linux support. We were unaware of sorting issue under macOS, we'll investigate this as soon as possible.
Hello Pieter,

I am using the FMXLinux v1.18 and FMX UI Pack v3.6.8.4 under Tokyo 10.2.3 without any problem.
(I have no compile problem.)
Pieter,

What compile error message did you get?

Hi,

we cannot reproduce the issue on macOS. Please explain more on how the sorting issue manifest itself.