Memo Control Scrolling Direction

Hello,

The TTMSFMXMemo scrolling direction is not as expected when I run it under OS X, how to change this behavior?

Regards,

Hi, 

The scrolling is not based on a native scrollbar, but on a FMX scrollbar which behaves differently.
When looking at TTreeView, scrolling is done from top to bottom, the same behavior for the TTMSFMXMemo. We will investigate if we can change the behavior in our component via a property. changing the behavior without additional properties would potentially break existing application behavior.

Pieter Scheldeman2016-08-29 09:32:34

I totally agree, this is what i am trying to explain, TreeView scrolling has the correct scrolling behavior, the memo control is not.

We have compared both controls here on a Mac operating system and both behave exactly the same (from top to bottom). Can you provide additional details on which components you are comparing and the results you are seeing?

Ok, I checked back again, I have on my app Form a TMS FMX TreeView and TMS FMX Memo, the scrolling on the TreeView is as expected (scrolling down, you can see the scroll bar goes down too), the Memo scrolling is the opposite (scrolling down makes the scroll bar goes up). Under Mac "Settings > Mouse" I have the "scrolling direction : natural" unchecked, so all on my Mac (natively) behaves as the TreeView, even any text input, I know FMX is not native, but this problem is creating inconsistency from a user experience.

Thanks

Sorry, we are still not able to reproduce this here, the scrollbar goes down when scrolling down. Can you send us a screenshot from the starting situation. The scrollbar should then start at the end of the TTMSFMXMemo and go up instead of going down?

Ok, I will submit a screen shot soon.

Thanks