Flex Cell Manuel Installation

I bought TMS FlexCel for VCL & FMX for 150 Euros in the hope to use it with Delphi XE 7 und Windows 8.1.

Unfortunately the automatic installer doesn?t work with the Starter edition of Delphi and there is no documentation how to install in manual.

All I need to do, is to export some Values to an xlsx sheet without Excel installed.

Someone knows a solution for my situation? :(

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Thomas

Hi,

I was writing the answer by email right now, sorry I couldn't get to it sooner. I think it is better if we follow it up here anyway, so other people might benefit from it.

About the installer, it needs the command line compilers to install, and sadly this isn't available in Delphi starter. So indeed, you need to install FlexCel manually.
The steps are:
1)Run the installer to copy the sources, unselecting all tasks in "additional tasks":

2)Modify the Windows Path. This is not 100% necessary (and the FlexCel setup doesn't do it: it creates symbolic links instead), but it is the simplest way to make it work. You need to add the folder:

<place where you installed FlexCel>\TMSSoftware\FlexCelVCLNT\Packages\dXE7\bpl\Win32

to the windows path.

Note: I don't remember if in Windows 8.1 there was already a sane way to edit the Windows path, but if there isn't, you can use any of the tools here to update the path:
http://superuser.com/questions/297947/is-there-a-convenient-way-to-edit-path-in-windows-7

3)Edit the library path: In delphi, go to tools->options->environment options->delphi options->library:

Press the "..." button at the right in "library path", and add the path:
<place where you installed FlexCel>\TMSSoftware\FlexCelVCLNT\Packages\dXE7\Win32\Release

to the library path. Note that Delphi might complain that the path doesn't exist yet (we are going to create it in the next step). Ignore the warning, or manually create the path from explorer.

4)From Delphi, open the file:
<place where you installed FlexCel>\TMSSoftware\FlexCelVCLNT\Packages\dXE7\FlexCel.groupproj

5)Right click all the packages in order (from first to last) and select "install" for each one of them.

That should be all. After this you should be able to run the demos and use the packages. Let me know if there are any issues.

Dear Mr. Gallero

Thank you very much for your quick reply and the easy to follow step by step instructions!

Step 1) Copy the sources

<!--if gte mso 9>

<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DonotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>DE</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:EnableKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>

Dear Mr. Gallero

somehow I can't post the images here. I send you an email instead.

Best regards
Thomas

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for the quick and effectve support.
I would never have solved this problem without you.

Wish you a wonderful week!

Best regards
Thomas