Subscription manager

I have gotten my subscription manager cleaned up, after the MultiTouch SDK was only showing downloaded but never installed.

There are 2 registry branches that contain data for the subscription manager:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TMSSoftware

and for a specific GUI user

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-107....\TMSSoftware

Once I put a date, version, and user key in the HKEY_USERS branch for TMS MultiTouch SDK, the program correctly shows that it is installed.

Are both branches valid?

We only use HKEY_CURRENT_USER from our TMS Subscription Manager and installers.

If some entries are in HKEY_USERS and not in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, the only reason I can see for this is that you are doing different actions in Windows from different Windows user accounts. We assume that for our components, the install and use of components is from the same Windows user.

OK.  I will remove the branch from the GUI user section and see what happens.  I may have run the install of the manager as Admin, a habit I have developed over the years as MS tightens its UAC rules.

It turns out that the 2nd branch is also the current user.  Removing it, the current user keys also disappear.  Putting it back in from the backup export, both are present again.

Sorry for the confusion.  I did not expect a duplication in a database.

That is actually not a duplicate.  The HKEY_CURRENT_USER key is a reference to the current user in HKEY_USERS.  So, basically a shortcut.  Any changes in either key are really only changing the data in one place.  It only appears to be duplicated.