Getting info out of TIWMultiColumnComboBox

Hello,

I'm trying to use TIWMultiColumnComboBox in an application but, unfortunately, I can't figure out how I'm supposed to read the value that the user selected.

I'm using a TIWAdvmessageDialog to allow the user to add an item to a list. Inside that dialog, I have a region and, in that region, I have two TIWMultiColumnComboBox controls.

I cannot use the "OnChange" event of the control (like in the demo) because that causes the whole page to redraw, dialog and all. Unfortunately, when I attempt to read the value selected by the user in the OnButtonClik event handler of the dialog, I can't find any property that could help me find out what the user has selected (neither "text" nor "ItemIndex" is set)

Any suggestion ?
Thanks

Hi,

Can you please make sure you are using the OnButtonClick event of the TIWAdvMessageDialog and not the OnAsyncButtonClick event?
The TIWMultiColumnComboBox.ItemIndex property is updated correctly in this case.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I'm 100% sure I'm handling the "OnButtonClick" event and that the ItemIndex properties of the TTIWMultiColumnComboBox components are set to -1 when the event handler is called, even if the user has selected an item.

I have not been able to reproduce an issue when retrieving the TIWMultiColumnComboBox.ItemIndex value using the TIWAdvMessageDialog.OnButtonClick event.

Can you please provide the following information so I can further investigate this?
- The version of Delphi and IntraWeb you are using
- Which browser you are using
- A ready to run sample project that demonstrates the issue

Sample projects can be sent as email attachment to mailto:help@tmssoftware.com

Hello,

- I'm using Delphi XE5 (update 2), Intraweb 14.0.31 and TMS component pack pro 5.8.1.0
- I have tested the issue with Chrome (42.0.2311.135 m) and FF (37.0.2). I can't test with IE right now because of another issue with TTIWAdvMessageDialog (in IE 11, the dialog apears under the IW region and IWframe that is taking most of the screen, even if the ZOrder property say it shouldn't)

I will need a bit of time to provide you with the requested sample.

I have sent the sample code.