gcalendar recurrence item

Hi,

I created a recurring event by setting the recurrency rule of the advgcalendar item.

For example, the event start 03.03.2015 3:00 pm end 4:00 pm repeated for 2 days. 
In google calendar I get two events:

03.03.2015 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
04.03.2015 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm

How I do I edit / delete all appointments of the same occurrence by editing / deleting only the first event?

Thank You,
Alessandro Falivene

Hi,

Editing / deleting of recurrent events requires an extra step when using the Google Drive API.
First of all, a recurrent item consists of two type of events. The first is the parent event which contains the Recurrence string. The second are the instances of the recurrent item. By design, only the instances are retrieved when requesting a list of events.
To edit or delete the recurring event you first have to retrieve the parent item separately.
You can do this by using the RecurringID property value of one of the instances as the ItemID parameter for the GetItemById call.
After updating the parent item, the instances will also be affected.

Hi, 

I tried this solution but it does not work.

1. First, i add the recurring event and i get the google id XYZXYZXYZ.

ci := TGCalendarItem.Create(AdvGCalendar.Items);
ci.StartTime   := StartDateTime;
ci.EndTime     := EndDateTime;
ci.Recurrence  := 'FREQ=DAILY;UNTIL=20150304';
ci.TimeZone    := 'Europe/Rome';
AdvGCalendar.Add(ci);
googleid := ci.ID;  (=XYZXYZXYZ) 

2. When i  read the google event i get these ids:

03-03-2015 4.00:pm - ID=XYZXYZXYZ_20150303T16000Z - RecurringIDXYZXYZXYZ

03-04-2015 4.00:pm - ID=XYZXYZXYZ_20150304T16000Z - RecurringIDXYZXYZXYZ

I don't find the event with id=XYZXYZXYZ. If i call  GetItemById(XYZXYZXYZ) the result value is null.

Thanks

I have not been able to reproduce this issue. Retrieving the parent event through the GetItemById call is working as expected.

Can you please make sure you are using the correct CalendarID as the first parameter of the GetItemByID call?

Can you try to use a recurrence rule in the following format?
"RRULE:FREQ=DAILY;UNTIL=20150304T100000Z"