IWDBAsyncNavigator images

I'm using Delphi XE4 Upd 1, Intraweb 14.0.13 and the latest TMS Intraweb components (and with the correct TMSdefs.inc).

When I use the IWDBAsyncNavigator there are no images in the buttons.

Using Chromes facility to show the image URL I can see the "first" button URL is

http://127.0.0.1:8888/$/$/gfx/DBNAV_First.gif

obviously one "$/" too many.

I tried to tamper with the code of IWDBAsyncNavigator.pas in function TTIWDBAsyncNavigator.GetImage forcing it to use the pre-IW11 way without "$/"

But then the URL reads http://127.0.0.1:8888/gfx/DBNAV_First.gif, i.e. no "$/".

Do you have any ideas of what is happening?

Thomas Waldorff

Hi,

Can you please make sure the image files you are using have been placed in a the correct folder?
For IW 14 the default is "wwwroot\files".
You can also have a look at the IWAsyncNavigator demo page in the TMS IWFeaturesDemo which is working as expected.

Hi

The idea was to use the "built-in" images from the resource.

If I manually assign the imageURL with one "/$" it works. But I would say it should work without.

I notice your demo works using external files.

I migrated an application from XE2 to XE5 and Intraweb 12 to Intraweb 14 and the default are not working.  Is there an issue with this control on Intraweb 14?  

Thanks
Allen

That should say "default navigation icons"....

Hi,

Can you please make sure the image files you are using have been placed in a the correct folder?
For IW 14 the default is "wwwroot\files".
You can also have a look at the IWAsyncNavigator demo page in the TMS IWFeaturesDemo which is working as expected.

For custom icons I have put them in the correct (wwwroot) folder and the work.  It is the built-in icons that are not present.  I didn't have to include these icons before now migrating.  Is it possible I've built the packages wrong?

It's likely that the location of the built-in IntraWeb navigator icons has changed in the new IntraWeb version.
We'll investigate if this can be fixed in a future version of the control.

As a workaround maybe you can try to save the default icons as image files from the browser and use these image files as custom icons?

I looked for the default icons and didn't find them.  Can you tell me where they are?

(As a work around I copied the icons for the TMSIW12 demo package and load them dynamically at run time.)

The default IntraWeb icons are included in a resource file, so you wouldn't be able to copy them directly.
If you create a sample IW application with a navigator control you should be able to save the icons as image files from within the browser.

Maybe the resource file didn't get handled correctly when I rebuild the packages after installing XE2 update 2....  I will try and rebuild.

Thanks
Allen