Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

IWDBAsyncNavigator images

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Noland Allen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noland Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IWDBAsyncNavigator images
    Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:54pm
Maybe the resource file didn't get handled correctly when I rebuild the packages after installing XE2 update 2....  I will try and rebuild.

Thanks
Allen
Bart Holvoet View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 3:57am
The default IntraWeb icons are included in a resource file, so you wouldn't be able to copy them directly.
If you create a sample IW application with a navigator control you should be able to save the icons as image files from within the browser.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noland Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 10:57am
I looked for the default icons and didn't find them.  Can you tell me where they are?

(As a work around I copied the icons for the TMSIW12 demo package and load them dynamically at run time.)
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 9:28am
It's likely that the location of the built-in IntraWeb navigator icons has changed in the new IntraWeb version.
We'll investigate if this can be fixed in a future version of the control.

As a workaround maybe you can try to save the default icons as image files from the browser and use these image files as custom icons?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noland Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 9:20am
For custom icons I have put them in the correct (wwwroot) folder and the work.  It is the built-in icons that are not present.  I didn't have to include these icons before now migrating.  Is it possible I've built the packages wrong?
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 2:38am
Hi,

Can you please make sure the image files you are using have been placed in a the correct folder?
For IW 14 the default is "wwwroot\files".
You can also have a look at the IWAsyncNavigator demo page in the TMS IWFeaturesDemo which is working as expected.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noland Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 4:39pm
That should say "default navigation icons"....

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noland Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 4:38pm
I migrated an application from XE2 to XE5 and Intraweb 12 to Intraweb 14 and the default are not working.  Is there an issue with this control on Intraweb 14?  

Thanks
Allen
Waldorff Thomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Waldorff Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 2:44am
Hi

The idea was to use the "built-in" images from the resource.
If I manually assign the imageURL with one "/$" it works. But I would say it should work without.

I notice your demo works using external files.

TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bart Holvoet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 4:47am
Hi,

Can you please make sure the image files you are using have been placed in a the correct folder?
For IW 14 the default is "wwwroot\files".
You can also have a look at the IWAsyncNavigator demo page in the TMS IWFeaturesDemo which is working as expected.
Waldorff Thomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Waldorff Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 10:17am
I'm using Delphi XE4 Upd 1, Intraweb 14.0.13 and the latest TMS Intraweb components (and with the correct TMSdefs.inc).

When I use the IWDBAsyncNavigator there are no images in the buttons.
Using Chromes facility to show the image URL I can see the "first" button URL is
http://127.0.0.1:8888/$/$/gfx/DBNAV_First.gif
obviously one "$/" too many.

I tried to tamper with the code of IWDBAsyncNavigator.pas in function TTIWDBAsyncNavigator.GetImage forcing it to use the pre-IW11 way without "$/"
But then the URL reads http://127.0.0.1:8888/gfx/DBNAV_First.gif, i.e. no "$/".

Do you have any ideas of what is happening?

Thomas Waldorff
 Post Reply Post Reply